Thursday, December 15, 2016

Portland shuts down after a few inches of SNOW

Yesterday morning I made an early trip to New Seasons to pick up some groceries in preparation for snow that was forecast to start about noon.  It was the first time that I couldn't find a parking place in their large parking lot.  I got one of the last three shopping carts and finally managed to work my way through the crowds to get the few things that I needed.  Some items were already out of stock.

Portlanders go crazy at the thought of snow (myself included) probably because we remember being snow-bound for almost two weeks in 2008. The city doesn't have much snow equipment so the only roads that are cleared are the freeways and major streets.  This morning, Lincoln and 1st Avenue are solid snow and ice so we've been warned to stay inside.

The fireplace and heaters are cranked up and I'm getting ready to fix a big kettle of potato, leek, lentil soup so all is well in the Hatefi household.

No comments:

Post a Comment