Tuesday, December 13, 2016

How long does it take to delete 60,000 spam emails?

So far it has taken me four hours and now I only have 5,878 to go.  Comcast finally came through with a way to stop them from coming so in another hour or so, I should have a clean email file.  This nightmare has taught me some valuable lessons:
  • Use stronger passwords and keep a record so I don't keep forgetting them
  • Instead of calling Comcast, just send an email to:  abuse@comcast.net. Put the word "Phishing" in the subject line  This takes the problem to a special unit that specializes in spam and other email illegal issues.
  • Don't open messages that "look" like spam.  Just send them straight to the spam folder
  • Be more careful about ordering merchandise from unknown websites.  Stick with Amazon or stores where I regularly shop
  • NEVER use my debit card for a web purchase
Now it's time to look ahead to the forecast of snow in Portland.  The latest news tells us that it will start mid-day tomorrow and snow into Thursday.  Temperatures will be below freezing every night for the next week so that means there will be ice on the roads again.

Bella has found a way to stay warm ................. I left my fuzzy blanket on the floor beside the couch and Bella decided it was a good place to sleep.  When I finish deleting the emails, it's going to be my turn.


No comments:

Post a Comment