Wednesday, January 29, 2014

California Wines................

For seven years I have made my best effort to learn to love wine made in Oregon but now, I'm finally admitting that my first and forever love is California wines.  I was missing the fabulous warm and rich zinfandels from the Lodi area, the whites from the coast and the reds from Sonoma and Healdsburg so yesterday I decided to get back to my roots and pick up some of my favorites.  Here in Oregon wine is sold only in grocery stores so I made a trip to the downtown Safeway and filled my basket.  I'm starting with Bogle, Kendell Jackson, Mondavi, Simi, St Francis and Sterling.  My absolutely all time favorite is St Clement so I'm going to save my dollars until I can buy one of their special reserves.

Oregon wines have more fruit and are lighter with a touch of sweetness so they are perfect for fish and pasta dishes but there's nothing better than a full bodied red from the central valley (the kind that grows hair on your chest).

Cheers...........................

No comments:

Post a Comment