Friday, January 17, 2014

Mucca Osteria - Fabulous !!

Once a month, Bella has a grooming appointment at a downtown salon so it's my excuse to take her down on the streetcar, drop her off at Urban Fauna, and go shopping and out to lunch.  After a walk to Macy's I stopped at a fabulous Italian Restaurant, Mucca Osteria where I found they had changed their menu to include two and three course tasting lunches.

An advantage to dining alone is that I can sit at a counter and watch the Chef prepare the food.  I chose a two course lunch (only $12) that started with an organic salad with gorgonzola, walnuts and grapes.  This was followed with house made ravioli stuffed with ricotta and spinach in a butter & sage sauce.  All this great food goes better with wine and the server recommended a dry muscato that turned out to be a perfect accompaniment.

Macy's is having one of their end of season sales so I picked up three tops for the cruise for a total of $14.00 (65% off with an additional 15%, a coupon for 20% less, and a $10 gift card from Macy's in my last billing statement).  To make the afternoon even better, there was a "Car-2-Go" parked outside the groomers so Bella and I hopped in and made a quick trip home.  The car cost $4.10 so it was an amazing day............ even living with a budget !

No comments:

Post a Comment