Monday, November 4, 2013

Reflections..................

I remember the first fall season that Gary and I lived in Portland.  We had settled in and we spent a lot of time exploring the area.  One day we decided to explore the Oregon wine country which is only a 45 minute drive from Portland.  We had no agenda - just turned this way and that until we would encounter a winery.  We probably visited at least five places but, one remains on my memory because it was a warm sunny October day and we sat outside with a glass of Pinot Noir and just enjoying being together.  The sun was low in the sky and the leaves of the vines were turning beautiful shades of gold and orange.  It was like a picture that you treasure.  My memory of that moment has sustained me through the years because I looked at Gary and thought to myself, "remember this moment" thinking that there was no guarantee of what the future would bring.  I can still visualize that moment and it comforts me.

Tonight I'm thinking the same thing.  "Remember this moment" as Roger is working on a painting for a class assignment, rain is falling while we're safe and dry inside, dinner is cooking and beautiful music is playing on the stereo while I am reading one of the novels that my very special daughter, Pam, shared with me.. 

My message to all of you who read this is that you must "remember the moments" that bring special meaning to your lives.  Believe me..............

No comments:

Post a Comment