Monday, November 18, 2013

German Pancakes With Seasonal Fresh Fruit

I tried a new recipe for breakfast and it was so delicious, I feel compelled to share it.  It's easy to put together and the presentation is beautiful.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Put two glass pie pans in the oven to heat.  Meanwhile, peel and slice two apples, two fresh pears or a combination of fresh fruit (I had an apple and pear on hand so I used both).  Pull the hot pans out of the oven and put 2 tablespoons of butter in each pan, moving it around so it melts.  Once melted, arrange the fruit slices in the bottom of the pan.

Beat together with a hand mixer for a minute or two
4 eggs

3/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 cup milk

Divide the batter between the two hot plates and pour it over the fruit.  Sprinkle with cinnamon and a little sugar and bake in the oven for about 25 minutes.  The pancake will get puffy in the oven but it quickly loses some of it when you put it on the dinner plate.

Serve with some warm maple syrup. 

I've not tried other fruit but it seems logical that blueberries, blackberries, fresh figs and fresh rhubarb would all make a wonderful pancake.  I can hardly wait to make another and next time I'll take a picture..............................

No comments:

Post a Comment