Thursday, October 24, 2013

I'm Backkkkkkkkk

Well, sort of.  I'm typing this on Roger's computer.  Mine is still dismantled but by next week Wednesday or so, the new sitting room should be ready for occupancy.  Done so far is new carpet, new heat and air, dry wall repair and painting.  Tomorrow the base boards get installed and Monday the last slider will be put in.  It has been quite a journey and one that won't be over until sometime in November when the wood trim gets painted on all three new sliders.

Last week was a much needed and pleasant break when I flew to Sacramento and borrowed Lori's car to visit friends and family.  The most important event was the marriage of Pam and Lori on Saturday, October 19th.  Weddings are always a happy event but this one was more so.  The girls have been together for almost 20 years and now they can have a legally recognized relationship.  The wedding was small but filled with lots of laughter.  I'm only posting a couple of pictures for now but the smiles on our faces tell the story........
 









Portland continues to have 70 degree weather so we're having a wonderful time going for walks and enjoying the beautiful fall colors.  Roger is in school this afternoon so Bella and I took the streetcar down to River Front for lunch.  Afterwards I had fun practicing with my new digital SLR camera.  I'm still in the amateur stage so my hope is to get better and better photos as I go along.







Today has been busy for Bella so she's very tired.  This is her yawning on the way home.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment