Monday, August 5, 2013

Do You Subscribe To Comcast?

Did you know that if something goes wrong with your email account and Comcast has to reset your user name and password, you need a four digit number code that is issued by the government?  It apparently was given to subscribers when they initially signed up for Comcast service.

We suspect that someone has been trying to get into my email account and they managed to somehow reset my password.  I've been unable to send or receive email for about four days.  When I spoke to the technician yesterday, he asked for the number.  As you can guess, my response was something like "huh???".  Can they give me the number by telephone or look at my account and use it for the reset?  Well, no.......................................

Comcast has to snail mail the code to me.  Then I have to call them back and give them the code.  Does this sound slightly crazy to any of you, or is it just me.....................................

Anyway, I'm "email free" for at least the next week until I can resolve this issue.  My advice is that if you don't know your code, you probably should call Comcast and ask them to mail it to you.  Then all you have to do is remember where you put it when you eventually need it.

1 comment:

  1. Good grief! What next?

    Did you get Ann's note that she's going to be out of town for a week? Going to Boulder to visit her daughter.

    ReplyDelete