Thursday, August 29, 2013

A Double Special Birthday Day..... And Celebration Of Life.........

This morning Roger had his "graduation" from cancer treatment.  We met with the oncologist and learned that the CT scan reveals no cancerous lymph nodes remaining so the chemo was very successful.  Next Wednesday, the port will be surgically removed and the doctor said that in about a month Roger will feel back to his normal self.  We're extremely grateful for the good news.  Of course, there will be follow up visits and ongoing monitoring but, for now, the worst is over.

My birthday today is another cause for celebration.  I am thankful for good health, stamina and loving family and friends.  I've been receiving phone calls, lovely birthday messages and cards all day and my granddaughter and her mom sent a gorgeous flower arrangement.

Roger treated me to lunch at Paragon where I enjoyed a glass of Syrah with squid ink pasta sauteed with shrimp and red peppers and chard.  It was delicious and very unusual.  Tonight he's in charge of dinner so I'm being thoroughly spoiled! (as I should be, of course).

No comments:

Post a Comment