Sunday, December 2, 2012

Time Goes Fast When You're Having Fun

Tonight the American Plaza complex hosted a potluck holiday party so I had the "girls" here for champagne before we walked over to the party room.  My friend Rae and I shared the expenses so we could take a large chafing dish filled with chicken cacciatore.  The dish held thirty legs and I did the cooking.  The kitchen had more huge dirty kettles than we had for Thanksgiving dinner but they're clean now and I'm reminded that cooking large amounts of food can be a lot of work....................  The party was fun with live music and beautiful decorations, including a huge Christmas tree so it was a great event.

My classes are finished but Roger has another week or so, meaning that he has to prepare for finals in all three classes.  I suspect that I'll have some time to go out with friends for a little bit of mischief while he studies. 

I've brought the luggage into the spare room so I can start preparing for the Paris trip (yes, I know that it's still two weeks but I like to plan ahead).  The house is decorated for Christmas, cards are addressed and gifts are packed for mailing so............... I'm thinking that tomorrow I can take it easy and read a new book that I got from the library.  Yes, life is hard........

No comments:

Post a Comment