Saturday, December 29, 2012

Shopping For Dinner..........

Today was my first time alone in the neighborhood with the task of buying groceries for tonight's dinner.  Roger is in charge of chicken and bread and I went to a beautiful Marche for salad makings, appetizers and fruit.  On the way back I found a bakery that I couldn't resist going into and there I found an apple tart, large enough for four people.  I was pleased to accomplish all this without speaking French and I was relieved that I was able to find my way back...........

One interesting place on my walk was an open air fish market with fish for sale right on the sidewalk.  The man had six boxes of different species of oysters and every other seafood imaginable.

Tomorrow it will be sunny and dry so it will be a perfect day to get outside to explore..


No comments:

Post a Comment