Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Early Dynastic I - II - III

This week we have been studying the Early Dynastic period from 3,000 to about 2,330 BCE.  We're in Mesopotamia during this period and art has advanced to include beautifully etched cylinder seals, figures and written clay tablets.  We're been learning about the archaeological sites located in the Mid Eastern countries dating to that time with an emphasis on Urak, located in Iraq, and known as the most sophisticated place in the world at that time.  Every class is exciting and I'm definitely learning to appreciate the antiquities that I encounter when I visit museums.

Now, we're relaxing and looking forward to the holiday tomorrow.  No classes for either of us but, as usual, Roger has homework.  My advantage as a senior auditor at PSU is that I don't have to take tests but, sometimes I do the homework because it's an opportunity to learn even more.  Now I'm looking ahead to another visit to the Musee du Louvre because now I'll really appreciate what I'm seeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment