Friday, July 20, 2012

International Day in Portland

The morning started with a visit to Eidelweiss, a German deli, where anything and everything from Germany is available plus homemade sausages, brots, lunch meat and more.

Then it was time for lunch so I stopped off at Le Bouchon, my favorite French restaurant in Portland, for Beef Bourguignon.


Cargo, an international bazaar is close (near Flanders and 13th Ave.) so I did some window shopping.  I've driven by many times but I have never spent any time browsing so today it was fun to take a leisurely stroll through the aisles filled with some amazing merchandise.  I saw things from Israel, Lebanon, India, Indonesia, and of course, China, however the items from China were actual Chinese items such as embroidered slippers, scarfs, silk and other Asian products.  The photo of the outside came out too dark but if you look closely you'll see that the building is decorated with paper pom poms, lanterns, flags and a variety of gaudy decorations.  It's definitely a fun place to shop for unusual items, including colorful painted furniture.

No comments:

Post a Comment