Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Mucca Osteria

My heart and my stomach took a short trip to Italy this afternoon when I visited a new downtown restaurant, Mucca Osteria. The menu and food reminded me of the wonderful lunches that Gary and I enjoyed while spending several days in Rome. This restaurant has only been in business about six months and I didn't know they existed until we walked past their window the other night while going to a nearby Indian Restaurant. It looked interesting so, after dropping Bella off at her "beauty parlour" and after my dentist appointment, I decided to give them a try. I was disappointed to see they were empty but I was greeted with huge smiles and attentive service. It was somewhat like having a personal chef, since he was cooking just for me. I decided to order a two course lunch, starting with Tagliere della casa (five different sliced cured meats with olives, pickles and other condiments served with their home baked bread). The entree was Cavatelli con salsiccia, fresh made pasta shells with Italian pork sausage, parmesan and cream. I felt there was no choice but to finish off with Tiramisu for dessert. The servings were small (thankfully) and it was a great dining experience. This is what I define as an "upper scale" restaurant (ie expensive) so I won't be able to eat there often but I look forward to finding a special occasion so I can justify going back.

No comments:

Post a Comment