Thursday, June 23, 2011

Tuesday, Wednesday with Ron & Rosanna and HOME..............

























You may have noticed that food seems to be the theme of my visit so it continued Tuesday when I enjoyed being a guest of Lenis and John for lunch at a favorite Woodbridge restaurant. Then it was time to hit the road and head for San Francisco.

Weather in the valley on Tuesday was 103 degrees so it was a relief to see a fog bank hovering over San Francisco as I left the Berkeley Tunnel. Finally, I was able to enjoy "Portland weather" and I promise to never again complain about it not being sunny here. Given a choice of clouds and/or rain vs. 103 degree temperatures, I'll be happy with the cooler choice!

The last two nights I was a house guest at Ron and Rosanna's in San Francisco and we had a great time. Wednesday Rosanna and I enjoyed a Vietnamese lunch followed by the Balenciaga exhibit at the de Young Museum.

The angels in the photo were made by the combined efforts of Rosanna's daughter, Lori, son-in-law, Mark and herself. Mark does the wood working and hand carves the heads and face. Lori and Rosanna paint and decorate them (they even give them names).

It was a lovely trip "back home" to see family and friends and now........... it's very nice to be back to Portland.

No comments:

Post a Comment