Sunday, June 12, 2011

This 'n That............

The blown glass bowl came out beautiful but photos are delayed. I use two computer monitors and one of them stopped working. The problem is that some of my programs insist on loading on the non-working monitor (my photos, for example) so I'm not able to get to them. Fortunately, my e-mail and Firefox load on the working monitor. The weather is finally beautiful which is especially nice because this is Rose Festival week. The parade was yesterday and dragon boat races and other events are taking place down at the river today. After a nail appointment this morning, my plan is to take Bella down to enjoy some of the activities.

Roger had a really bad gout flare-up so he's pampering his foot and it's very painful for him to walk so I'll have to leave him at home.

I am very much enjoying using the Kindle to read with. The first book that I loaded is "The Help" about a group of black women who work for whites in Mississippi during the 1960s. It is an exceptional book so it's hard to put it down.

Only one week and I'll be in California. The schedule is already pretty full but my plan is to reconnect with as many family and friends as I possibly can.

Afran and Phillipe finally got their passports so they are scheduled to be here from July 28th until August 20th. An old-time friend of Rogers, who is a genetic scientist, is also going to be here in August for about five days so we'll have a full house.

Roger's grandson, Chris, returns from Georgia (the country) on the 20th, after teaching English there for the past six months. We're looking forward to hearing about his adventure.


No comments:

Post a Comment