Wednesday, June 8, 2011

LIVE LAUGH LOVE GLASS






























































Live Laugh Love Glass is a new business that recently opened in Tigard. Today I had a personal lesson to learn how to blow glass. I had the choice of making about ten different items so I decided to try a bowl. The finished colors will be bright yellow, green with touches of orange with some clear glass areas showing through.

This is Jeff, a very talented teacher of how to blow glass. It was a fascinating experience and, yes, I learned how to soften the glass in the HOT oven, shape and blow it.


Jeff did the final part, thank goodness, that turned a "blob" into a ruffled edge bowl.

The colors that you see on the finished product will all change when the glass cools from 2000 degrees to room temperature.

Tomorrow, I'll be able to show you the finished product.

No comments:

Post a Comment