Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Oasis eBay Class and "Nines Hotel"


The day started with a walk to the Streetcar, then a one block walk to the MAX train which took me to Pioneer Plaza on the corner where Macys is located.

I continue to be astounded at the wonderful public transportation that Portland offers. Oasis Training Center is located on the 4th floor of the Macy's building and that's where I taught a class on buying and selling on eBay. Today I had four students that were smart and excited about learning a new skill. I found it interesting, though, that two of them were taking the class so they could go home and teach their husbands. Hey, guys - why not come to the class yourself ??

We had a great session and it's always fun when I'm teaching enthusiastic people. After class I decided to splurge and have lunch at the "Nines" Hotel next door. It was a huge mistake - this place is obviously catering to tourists or conventioneers so my "special" lunch turned out to be a very bad experience. (A note to my Portland readers - don't even
think of going there to eat).

After a disappointing lunch it only seemed right that I would check out the sale at Chicos before taking the MAX home so my afternoon ended very well.

We're enjoying temperate weather with high fog in the morning and bright sunshine in the afternoon so it has been a cool and pleasant summer so far.


No comments:

Post a Comment