Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Portland Oasis Learning Center


Today I enjoyed a new experience; that of being a teacher. The Oasis Learning Center provides a large selection of classes for senior adults and they have a fabulous computer center. I was asked to teach a class on how to buy and sell on eBay.

I had five students and they were all fabulous people. They all knew enough about basic computer operation so we were able to get to work quickly. All five are serious about selling (mostly stuff they have on hand that they want to get rid of) and they were all excited and motivated by the end of the class.

I started out a little nervous but I found that it was really fun sharing my experiences and helping teach new skills.

Tonight is "girls night" so at 5:30 I'll head upstairs for wine and then we'll walk next door for an early dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment