Sunday, November 8, 2009

A Lazy Fall Sunday in Portland



I haven't blogged for awhile and generally I start receiving e-mails and phone calls asking if everything is OK - so the purpose of today's blog is to say "yes" everything is fine. I took a picture of the trees outside the back balcony so you can see that Fall has arrived with an array of beautiful colors. About half the leaves are already gone from the trees outside and as I walk through downtown, I see many trees that are already completely bare. We've had rain for the last two days so the streets are covered with a blanket of huge multi-colored leaves.

Roger and I are busy preparing for our drive to California. We'll leave here Nov. 20th, stay the night in Ashland and then head to San Francisco to visit the Lutzs and a friend of Roger's who lives in Oakland. After picking up some antiques that I've purchased from Bonham's in S.F. we'll arrive in Lodi the night of the 23rd. That gives us two days to visit friends and show Roger around the area.

Thanksgiving Day will be at Mike's place in the country (He and Teresa recently moved) - then we'll spend a day or so in Sacramento before starting the trek back to Portland. Bella is coming with us so I've had the challenge of finding lodging that will allow a dog in the room, however, it has actually been easy. Hotels are becoming more "pet friendly" these days.

This Thanksgiving is extra special because it will be the first with Roger and Mike's new family. It truly is a year for thanks as we blend our families. Of course, Ashley will always have the #1 place in my heart but now my number of grandchildren has grown to include Rachel, Tony and Jessica and her husband, Ryan.

No comments:

Post a Comment