Sunday, November 15, 2009

Judee Moonbeam


This morning we took a short drive to check out the Chanukah Gift Fair held at the Neveh Shalom Temple here in Portland. We were invited by our friend Judee who specializes in wearable art. She selects fine quality unusual fabrics and screen prints original designs onto the fabric - then she sews handbags, scarves, and clothing. She also specializes in transforming older style clothing into something new and original. I try to attend all of her open houses because she works with other artists who make original designs with hand blown glass, ceramics, jewelry and photography. There were about 30 artists and vendors today so there were many beautiful things to see. Check out her web site at:
http://www.judeemoonbeam.com

This afternoon I had a new experience; that of bidding at a live auction over the telephone. I've seen others do it for years so I decided that it was time that I learned how to do it. I was connected to the Bonham's auction in S.F. and over the speaker phone I could relay my bids to a person who bid on my behalf. I won three lots today so there will be even more silver to pick up when we get to S.F. next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment