Sunday, September 10, 2017

UMBRELLA MAN at Portland Pioneer Square

It's Sunday so I decided to celebrate the mid 70s degree sunny weather by hopping on the Orange MAX train to Pioneer Square where I changed trains to go to Mother's for brunch.

While I waited I took the opportunity to check out the popular sculpture "Umbrella Man" who has been at the Pioneer Square since the 1980s.  He keeps getting some cosmetic improvements to keep him looking sharp so today he was at his best since he had a recent update.  The sculpture is so realistic, I'm certain that some people think that he's a real person.  His clothing and umbrella look like the "real thing".  I had to wait awhile to get a photo because there's usually a line of tourists who are taking selfies and group photos with him.





No comments:

Post a Comment