Thursday, September 28, 2017

"FUN HOME" PORTLAND CENTER STAGE

Fun Home 750X414

It's another beautiful day in Portland - 85 degrees with a Fall breeze.  Today I went to the Thursday matinee at Portland Center Stage to see the musical play "Fun Home" and it was a rewarding experience.  I chose a front row seat so sitting there makes me feel like I'm part of the story.  The singers, actors, and orchestra were all exceptional so I high recommend it.  It will be in Portland until October 22nd.


The nice thing about a noon matinee is that there's time for a leisurely lunch afterwards.  Today I walked to Jake's Crawfish where I had my usual - liver with bacon and onions.  Yes, I know that most of you reading this will say "uggghh" but I truly love this and it's a dish I no longer cook at home.

After lunch at Jake's it was only a two block walk to Blue Star Donuts so I yielded to temptation to get a couple of Meyer Lemon donuts.  Most people love VooDoo donuts but Blue Star is a gourmet version of a donut and they are quite addictive even though they cost more than twice as those from VooDoo.

Using the MAX and streetcar for transportation made this a perfect way to spend a beautiful Portland afternoon.



No comments:

Post a Comment