Saturday, July 5, 2014

Lori and Pam Bid Farewell to Portland..............

Yesterday was the perfect way to enjoy July 4th, starting with watching the Futbol game between Brazil and Columbia, then "J" sparkling wine and breakfast.  The girls took a break and took the streetcar to Powell's (Pam's favorite place to shop).

Lori barbecued chicken marinated in my "black magic sauce" and, after dinner, we walked over to Cheryl's condo to see the fireworks from the 9th floor in the Grant Tower.  It was the first time they had visited on the 4th and they have never had an opportunity to see fireworks close up and from above the bursts so they were really excited to see the beautiful display.  I was over in the corner doing my homework for my photography class - setting my camera on "bulb", using a slow shutter speed of 6 seconds and pretty much failing to get more than one "sort of good" picture.
My progress learning my camera settings has been somewhat painful but I'm determined to learn.  Tomorrow I have to take motion pictures using aperture priority mode and shutter priority mode.  Confused?  You should be ME........................

Anyway, this morning the girls left for home and they are missed already.  They were in the kitchen for every meal, helping with the cooking and cleanup so I became quickly spoiled.

SO, the party is over - - for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment