Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Another Photo Challenge..........



Last night's challenge at class was to bring a photo that we used a manual setting to "pan" a moving object; the goal being to show speed but still have a portion sharp enough to identify the moving object.  We have a low concrete barrier on the outside of the condo so I got my camera set with the tripod and sat there waiting for vehicles to come by.  It's a little like boiling water.............. if you watch it nothing happens so for a short while there were no cars anywhere.  Then, I was amazed to find what an interesting variety of vehicles drive past; all sizes, all colors and shapes.  It took quite a few attempts before I finally got this one and it took "first prize" at show and tell.  The only difficulty was trying to explain to people walking by why I was sitting there taking all those pictures.  People seem to be curious but also very suspicious so someone at class suggested that we wear a huge sign that reads "Photographer in Training".  Maybe I need to get a t-shirt !

No comments:

Post a Comment