Saturday, March 8, 2014

Another Week of New Experiences..........

The week started with another "girl's day" when Ann and I went downtown to see the movie "Gloria" at the Living Room Theater followed by lunch at Ringside Fish Market.  Ann needed to get home in time to bake a quiche for an evening party so we hopped into a "Car2Go" and made it home in about 5 minutes.  It was Ann's first time in one of the little electric vehicles and now, she's a fan of them and their convenience.  There's always at least one on any block of downtown. 

We're having some water problems so Friday, we had a new dishwasher installed and now we have to deal with garbage disposal issues, a 6 year old water heater that is malfunctioning and low water pressure.  (I thought that living in a condo would be carefree but it looks like I was wrong).

Today was another new event for me.  My friend Rae treated me to an afternoon tea at a nearby Country Club where we enjoyed a silent auction, lunch and a fashion show.  It is a yearly fund raiser for Philanthropic Educational Organization (PEO).  We had a table of eight and several people were new to me so it was a great opportunity to make new friends and enjoy a great afternoon.

My art history class ends in another week and Roger is preparing for his final exams so the next week or so will be busy.  Then it's Spring Break so we'll be heading to Laguna Hills to visit friends for a few days.


No comments:

Post a Comment