Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Hero Hair Studio in a Trailer Located in a Food Court

OK.  Many of you have heard the motto of "Keep Portland Weird".  For us oldsters, I wasn't quite sure what that meant but maybe, today, I understand it more.  My experience wasn't exactly "weird" but it surely was different.  My long time hairdresser got married, is having a baby in November and she and her husband moved to Washington DC in July so............. horrors............ where do I go to get my hair cut ???  My hairdresser, Erin, recommended a friend, Jen, so today I visited her salon which is quite different than most.

It's among a group of food carts.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Yes, this is it.

The business is Hero Hair Studio and Jen has worked out of the trailer for almost a year.  It works well for her because she can give undivided attention to each client.  It takes awhile to get an appointment so now I know that I'll have to plan ahead.

To add to the drama, she has to move the trailer to another food pod in a month so my next visit will be in another location.

It's a perfect set-up as I can schedule my hair appointment and have lunch at the same time.

Portland, I continue to LOVE you! (and you, too, Jen)

No comments:

Post a Comment