Saturday, September 21, 2013

Another Busy Weekend

Yesterday afternoon the Smiths made a drive from Vancouver BC straight to Jakes Crawfish so they could catch the Happy Hour.  I found a Car2Go outside the condo so I joined them and we had a great time sampling almost every dish on the menu.  Of course that included a few beverages, too..................

It was a long day for them so they crashed at the downtown Marriott and stopped by this morning for breakfast and a walk to the Farmer's Market.  Now they're on their way back to Chico.

We've decided to fix lasagna tonight so I found a box of pasta that I picked up at an International Market.  It took awhile to find the English directions and, to my dismay, they are the kind that shouldn't be cooked first.  Oh, well, I'm sure they'll work fine but I'm a little troubled by the directions.  This is the exact script:

" grease the baking try and arrange 3 layers of raw Lasagne Granoro alterning with bolonaise sauce (prepared with Granoro tomato sauce and meat) together with very liquid béchamel sauce.  Spread the uppermost layer with parmisan and some butter or with extra virgin olive oil.  It is advisable to put the baking tray in oven soon after the preparation so that the Granoro lasagna may absorb condiments while baking.  Bake in hot oven for 15-20 minutes."  Hmmmmmmmmm, a little different than most recipes, don't you think?  I'll keep you posted.........................

7:15 p.m. I'm back again and dinner is finished.  I ended up layering homemade red sauce with thinly sliced mozzarella, zucchini and pecorino Romano - covered the dish with foil and baked it for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.  Fabulous and Roger asked for seconds so that makes it a winner.  Who would have guessed?.....................

No comments:

Post a Comment