Friday, July 12, 2013

This 'n That...............

Now that Roger is taking photography classes, he has been a positive influence for me to return to photography - No, not "point and shoot" but an SLR film camera - manual, not automatic.  The only detriment is that my phone camera takes such great photos (and it's easier).  This picture is a cactus that is planted in a small pot on my desk.  I used my I-Phone 4S for the shot.


My first goal is to learn at least the basics of Photoshop so I've hired a tutor and I'm hoping to be accepted into a class at PSU that starts a week from Monday.

Yesterday and today Roger had his 5th chemo session so.............. only ONE more session to go!  We have been encouraged in many ways; the first being that even though Roger has had some "bad" days, he has been able to keep up with a normal routine.  He sleeps well and he has maintained a healthy appetite and he's still getting top grades in his art classes.  After next month Roger will not have to undergo chemo again even if / when the cancer returns.  Two drugs are close to being approved by the FDA and Roger's Oncologist is really exciting about the testing results that have been published.  This means that Roger will be able to take a pill instead of enduring the chemical treatments.  We have much to be thankful for and we celebrate each and every minute of every day!

1 comment:

  1. That is a gorgeous photo, Janice! It's hard to conceive how you could improve on it. I'll be looking forward to following your progress as you move through your tutorial and PSU classes.

    I'm delighted to hear that Roger has only one more chemo treatment. I often think how grateful I am to be living in this era of scientific discovery and applications.

    Last night Alfie wolfed down a delicious hamburger, rice, and egg dinner. He sends his thanks. :-) Today we shared a sandwich made of delicious Edelweiss smoked turkey - yummy. Thanks for your substantial contributions to the return of his appetite! :-) This morning after our walk we shared a wonderful ham and cheese omelet at the Lair Hill Cafe. I think he's finally on the mend. Thank you for being such a good friend to us both. <3 Allison

    ReplyDelete