Monday, June 3, 2013

NEW Bistro Marquee

When we first moved to Portland we found a cute cafe about three blocks from the condo called Carafe.  We were disappointed when they closed about a year ago, however, another restaurant did some remodeling and opened as "MKT".  They lasted only about six months and now another owner has taken over the place and named it "Bistro Marquee".  It's across the street from the Keller Theater so it has a convenient location.



Today Bella and I walked over to check it out and have a late lunch.  They've only been open for a week and they're clearly still "finding themselves" with a limited lunch menu and some eclectic choices.  I only found two things that sounded appealing; a burger (which I tend to eat too often) or a steak and frites so the steak won out.  Bella was happy because she got to share the pieces with gristle and those that were rare instead of medium.  She'll give them 5***** - I'll give them 2** but I'm going to try a couple more times with the hope that they improve.  The happy hour and dinner menus look much better so I'm hopeful that it will become a regular place to enjoy a meal with my friends and, of course, Bella..................................


No comments:

Post a Comment