Sunday, June 23, 2013

Manuel "Silky" Mayer & Irvington Farmer's Market

Today, Bella and I made an early start to the day by driving over to the Sunday Irvington Farmer's Market on Broadway and 16th Ave.  It's a small market with specialty items for sale and, even though my main reason for going was to hear Manuel play his guitar, I also enjoyed some shopping.

One thing I've never seen before is black raspberries.  They are fresh from the Schedeen's Farm in Gresham and the ones that I bought will soon be baked in a puff pastry streudel for tonight's dinner.


 "Silky" is the husband of my friend, Callie, and he's a talented guitarist and singer.  When I parked the car a block from the market, I could hear their music (today another guitarist and a percussionist joined him) and their sounds give a festive feeling to the entire area.  His specialty is Smooth Pop and Latin (two of my favorites) so I had a nice visit with Callie while we enjoyed some great music and rhythms.  Silky will be back at the market on Sunday, July 21st. 

His web site is: www.silkymayer.com











A great way to spend Sunday morning.

1 comment:

  1. Silky is really good, isn't he? I heard him play with Kenny Bratz at the Harley dealership last year. I haven't seen him or Callie for quite a while - how are they doing now that they're an old married couple?

    ReplyDelete