Saturday, August 11, 2012

Final Summer Term Art Class Project

Roger's last class project for the summer term is a multimedia art project that has a personal meaning to the artist.  Roger chose the London Olympic Torch.  It's painted in acrylics and constructed from dowels and molded with clay for a three dimensional look.


His essay begins "To me, the Olympic Torch is representative of my life.  It symbolizes life's struggles and challenges and represents hope for the future.  Unlike most students in my class, I have already lived through most of life's challenges.  I have been successful in many endeavors and I have experienced defeat and hopelessness.  My home countrymen are no longer free as I was in my youth.  My good fortune in being able to come to the United States, gain an education and becoming a citizen of the U.S.A. makes me grateful for freedom and acceptance.  The symbol of the Olympic torch warms my heart with its symbolism of unity, strength, hope and beauty."

No comments:

Post a Comment