Friday, August 10, 2012

Another Perfect Portland Weekend / McCormick & Schmick's

Today was a perfect day to go for a walk down at the river to enjoy the warm sunshine and cool breeze.  Tourists are everywhere right now and it's fun to see them bending into their maps trying to figure out where they are and how to get to where they're going.  Roger's sweating over his finals for next week; an art project, one essay for the art class and three essays for his Art History class so I'm doing my best to stay out of his way so he can get it all done.  I decided to take my Kindle and take Bella for a walk down to the River Front for lunch at McCormick & Schmick's.  I used to call it McCormick & Schmuck's because, even though the outside dining and view were fantastic, the food was just "so - so".  That's no longer true.  They are now owned by a firm from Texas and, even though they are part of a restaurant chain, the food at Harborside has greatly improved.  I used to go for the ambiance and view.  Now, I truly go for the food. 

We've been enjoying watching the Olympics whenever there's time, but I think most of you will agree that once Sunday comes and goes, it will be nice to see something else on T.V.  We surely can be proud of the accomplishments of our U.S. participants, however.  Now, it's time to enjoy the weekend........................... 

No comments:

Post a Comment