Monday, June 11, 2012

A Walk At The River

This noon Bella and I walked down to the river front to take one of Roger's drawings to a frame shop.  It was also a good excuse to enjoy lunch outside at McCormick & Schmicks.  They're under new ownership now and the menu was really excellent.  I

On the way we encountered a man walking three dogs; this little girl walks every day with a huge and heavy tree limb and no leash.  At the stoplight she would put it on the ground and when it was time to walk she stuck it back in her mouth and led the way across the street.

I had a fleeting encounter with a protective bluebird who unexpectedly "bombed" me while we were walking.  She actually touched my hair with her feet (or beak) and the noise of her wings next to my ears was loud enough to give me a scare.  I wasn't as surprised the second time she passed by my head again but I made a point not to walk back home on the same street.

The photo of Bella was taken at the restaurant where she has developed a taste for French fries (no, I only gave her one small one - I know they aren't good for her - or for me!).

No comments:

Post a Comment