Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Ready for TURKEY DAY !


It has been an eventful week - a couple of unexpected blips like Tuesday when I looked forward to a "Me" Day and had an appointment for a pedicure and manicure. It appears that the girl who made the appointment, didn't understand and made the appointment for Dec. 23 instead of Nov. 23.

Yesterday was our last minute grocery shopping day for fresh vegetables and fruit and to pick up our order for a natural free-range 12 pound turkey (ordered two weeks prior). Oopps - they gave my turkey away and offered a 15 pound Norbest to take its place. To avoid an embarrassing melt-down, Roger assured me that he would find the turkey that I wanted if he had to go to every market in Portland as he led me out before I started foaming at the mouth.............

Well, within an hour he did just that so we have this cute little 11 pound fresh, natural, probably virgin turkey in the 'fridge just waiting to sacrifice for our Thanksgiving.

Lori and Pam will land at PDX about 3 p.m. so my goal is to have the turkey in the oven and everything else prepared or prepped so we can relax and enjoy being together. Bellas had a bath today and she's already excited because I mentioned the word "airport" which she understands.

It has been a busy week of preparation for their visit and our only regret is that Mike and Teresa aren't able to join us. We spent Thanksgiving at their house last year and we have wonderful memories of a fabulous day and dinner.

Happy Thanksgiving to our friends and family. As we reflect on the past year I'm certain that each of us has a long list of things to be grateful for.

Roger and I wish you a wonderful day with those that you love...............

No comments:

Post a Comment