Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Elections...............

What an Election ! I know that we're not supposed to "talk" about religion or politics but I like to break the rules............

I'm curious to know how my California friends think about all the money that Meg spent to be elected and then went down the tube. I've met her several times at eBay conventions and I found her to be a very intelligent and savvy business woman but I keep thinking about all the good that money could have done for others.

I remember Jerry Brown well. He was governor when I was a very young DMV employee and I remember the angst when he froze wages and made the state agencies cut back to the "bone". Now that I'm old, I'm thinking that maybe he has the right idea - but who knows??? If I still voted in California I would have had a hard time deciding.


In Oregon, our Governor race is presently 3,400 votes apart between another "oldster", Kitzhaber (Democrat), who was a former Governor of Oregon. His opponent is Dudley (Republican), a former sports star. It may be awhile before the results become final and there's already talk about a recount, lawsuit, etc. (Life is very complicated in the political world).

No comments:

Post a Comment