Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Razor Clams.........................

It's likely that I talked about razor clams before but since my readers are my age, you've likely forgotten, just as I have.

Today was my "me" day with a pedicure and manicure followed by lunch downtown at Jakes. Fresh razor clams were on the menu and since they are seasonal I made an order.

Most of you reading this remember Mac and Pat Tadena in the "good 'ole days" when they hosted abalone dinners. Abalone today is just a fond memory but razor clams are a good substitute. They have a more tough consistency but they have a similar taste so it's a chance to remember the earlier days when we enjoyed some great parties. My only regret is that I have lost touch with Pat and Mac.

http://wdfw.wa.gov/fish/shelfish/razorclm/razor10.htm

The clams today came from Washington State. In a week we're on our way to Vancouver BC so maybe we'll get even closer to the source of these delicious clams.

This afternoon Roger and I visited an International market for the first time and we found food products that are not available in a general grocery store. Roger was excited to find fruit and vegetables that are only found in the Middle East. My favorite was a choice of fresh caught fish so tonight we had True Cod. I'm anxious to get back to try the fresh wild salmon and red snapper.

No comments:

Post a Comment