Saturday, May 8, 2010

California

It's great to get back to California sunshine but tomorrow and Monday, rain is expected and my friends are blaming me for bringing Portland weather with me. If it's true perhaps I can bring some California sun back to Portland when I return next week.

Bella was a brave airplane traveler but she got slightly sick during the flight. I obtained some medicine that took care of the problem so she's back to being energetic and excited with all the activities and attention.

We started out in Sacramento with dinner at WaterBoy Restaurant for an early celebration of Lori's birthday. Friday I took Aunt Viola to lunch so we could catch up on family business and after a visit with John and Lenis, I enjoyed a delicious dinner with Ed and Liz and stayed the night.

This morning, Bella and I headed for San Francisco where I previewed the Bonham's auction that will be held tomorrow. We had time to stop at Perry's for brunch and I was lucky to get a sidewalk table so Bella could join me.

Now I'm writing this from Ron and Rosanna's where we just finished a delicious Italian dinner. I'll spend the next two nights here before returning to Sacramento.

The auction tomorrow has some amazing sterling and silver that dates as far back as the late 1700s so I'm very eager to buy some gorgeous antique treasures.

No comments:

Post a Comment