Friday, June 18, 2021

Portland Restaurants Are ALIVE, Again

 Portland's Pearl District has a new restaurant and it's jumping!  "SCREEN DOOR" is now at the second location and it's an old fashioned Southern style cuisine.  The location is kitty-corner from Powell's Books and also Whole Foods Market so, for me, it's a perfect "one-stop-shop" opportunity.  The restaurant is so busy I got there early (9:30 a.m.) and I was one of the last to get a table.  By the time that I left at 10:30 there had to be at least 30 people waiting.

Seating is both indoors and outdoors.  The kitchen is a semi-open concept and it's easy to see that meals are being made from scratch.

I started with a fresh fruit plate that had pitted cherries, grapes, grapefruit, apple, pineapple and oranges - a unique and beautiful combination.

I've never been in a restaurant that serves chicken and waffles so I had to try it.  The portion was huge and I just knew that I couldn't eat it all...................... but .............., I couldn't stop.  The waffles are made with sweet potatoes and the chicken simply can't be described, other than lots of pepper and salt and a super crunchy crust that is addictive.

Eating here is worth a trip to Portland!





No comments:

Post a Comment