Tuesday, June 8, 2021

OUT OF HIBERNATION................

 

It's time to talk about Portland.  I'm writing this on a semi-sunny day after taking a walk through my favorite city.  
Downtown has been badly scared by the many protests and riots throughout the past year or more.  Just about the time we think things have calmed down, someone comes up with a new protest.
This blog website has changed since I last used it so now I have some new skills that I need to develop. (I'm not sure why my words are "centered") - - oh, well............ 

The "Station Closed" exemplifies the condition of transportation in downtown.  MAX and the streetcars operate with longer wait times with very few riders.  Businesses are still boarded up but artists have tried to add some color to a bleak palette.  Probably the most sad building is the Apple Store that now has two chain link fences with concrete barriers.  The reasons are obvious ---- the entire building is GLASS.  I'm hoping to live long enough to return for the classes that energized me and provided an opportunity to stay at least a little in tune with new technology.

People are still wearing masks outdoors, even though it isn't required, and it's surprising to see the fearful looks on their faces when they see people maskless.  

Roger and I have been vaccinated for several months so we're grateful for avoiding the virus and we're gleeful to be out enjoying life.

I'll soon be writing about my favorite lunch restaurant, "Q" (no, not the Republican one), Mucca, my favorite dinner restaurant, and my new "find", Screen Door.  We old ladies are getting out-and-about (four of us in the 80+ club) and greatly enjoying our activities.

More later..............................









No comments:

Post a Comment