Saturday, December 14, 2019

APPLE Photo Class and Q Restaurant brunch

I found a perfect way to enjoy a cold and rainy Portland day - first by attending an Apple Photo class at Pioneer Square - then walking to "Q" for brunch.  On the way I practiced using my Fisheye lens on my I-Phone.  I'm still using a series 8 phone so the camera capabilities aren't as good as on the newer phones, but I still manage to get some interesting photos using a fisheye and macro lens that I attach to the phone camera.

Q never lets me down.  I'm thinking that maybe I go there too often because today I was greeted by three different people who knew my name (no, I didn't have reservations).  I always sit at the Chef's counter so the executive chef and sous chefs are accustomed to seeing me each time I eat there.

One of the chefs is from Mexico and he has shared several family recipes with the restaurant so today I ordered CHILAQUILES which is described as "Tortillas in Red Chile Sauce, Scrambled Eggs, Queso Fresco, Guacamole and Creme Fraiche".  Delicious doesn't begin to describe this dish - it was amazing...............

Somehow I managed to escape being caught in rain so the MAX took me there and home again (10 minutes each way).  



YES, I'm still in love with Portland ....................

Happy Holidays !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment