Saturday, November 16, 2019

A Lovely NOVEMBER WEEKEND in Downtown Portland

Today is a marvelous fall day, starting with a misty fog early this morning and ending with wispy white clouds in a deep blue sky.  Fall colors are everywhere except for the trees that have already lost their summer coat, but the ground is covered with a mosaic of colors - all the way from Burgundy red to soft pink.

I had an Apple class scheduled for 10 a.m. (when the store opens) so MAX took me right to the front door at exactly 10:02.  I love the Apple classes and I learn so much but I still have to regularly return to learn more, especially after there's an update.  Next week I'm returning for another class on accessories to enhance I-Phone photos.

Q is only a five block walk from the Apple Store so that was my next stop for brunch.  My favorite seat at the Chef's counter was available so I settled in with a French 75 and then a veggie Benedict prepared with 9 different fresh mushrooms and fresh spinach.


Downtown was quiet this morning but there's already a sign of the upcoming holidays.  The huge Christmas tree was trucked in a few days ago to Pioneer Square and many of the downtown trees are already twinkling with bright lights and huge snowflakes hanging from the branches.  The weather is just cold and crisp enough to put me into the holiday state of mind.

This afternoon it's time to get the fireplace going and enjoying my new book, "Where The Crawdads Sing".  It's on the NYT book list so I hope that I'm not disappointed.

There's so much to be thankful for and now it's time to think ahead to the Thanksgiving festivities.

No comments:

Post a Comment