Saturday, June 6, 2015

Time for an update...............

It's often said that "no news is good news" and that's pretty much how it is here.  May and June, each year, are my "body improvement" months when I have appointments with my eye doctor, dentist, dermatologist and general practitioner for my annual tuneups. 

Added to that little Bella has been visiting her doctor more often.  Besides her heart problem, she has a dislocated knee on one hind leg caused by arthritis so now we're calling her "hop-a-long" because she has a hard time putting pressure on her leg. 

We're all definitely showing the signs of old age, but when I complained to my doctor about all the little quirky things that age has caused, she said "but, isn't that a good thing?"  Well, yes................ I've reached old age and that definitely IS a good thing.

Portland, this time of year really rocks with the Rose Festival.  Today's parade was estimated to have 100,000 viewers, even though the high temp today was in the 90s.

I decided to go to the Farmer's Market instead so we've been home enjoying our air conditioner and the fresh caught salmon, berries and veggies that I bought at the market this morning.

Roger's busy cramming for two final exams and a ten page essay so that means that Bella and I can do "girl things".  Tomorrow we're looking forward to an early dinner with Allison at River Front.

We're told that temps will be in the high 80s and low 90s for the next week so it's time to get all the white stuff out of the closet!


In May and June we've celebrated the birthdays of very special people - Lori on May 19th, Helia and Pam today on June 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment