Wednesday, November 5, 2014

An Interesting Week - So far...............

Ann made a decision about her wine label - It's the first shown in a previous blog entry.  She had a hard time deciding between black and color but the black/white won out.  Tomorrow I'll design a hang tag for the bottles.

Monday I enjoyed lunch at South Park and I watched the new movie "Before I Go To Sleep".  - Good if you like the Hitchcock style of stories.

Both Roger and I continue to enjoy classes at PSU and we're already looking ahead to the winter term.  My current history class is especially interesting to me because the Bible is one of our textbooks.  The upcoming chapters are:
  • Exodus, 1-25: Joshua, 1-12; Ruth, 1 Samuel, 2 Kings, Ezra, Nehemiah and Esther
It will be good to revisit these chapters since my early education centered around the New Testament.

Today I had the challenge of choosing the turkey for Thanksgiving dinner.  This isn't easy, friends, and it's mostly price driven.  In the "old days" we got a free turkey if we bought $25 worth of groceries.  It was a turkey raised on a farm, eating bugs, grasses and grains and there were no additives to their diets.  Now, it's a scientific issue - no GMOs?, free range?  Organic?  Brined?  Precooked?  Oh.......... I forgot to mention that the prices range from $2.50 to $5.00 a pound.  Is this a problem?  NO, actually any price will be fine in order to perpetuate the yearly tradition of family, food and love (and a free range, non GMO, organic, turkey on the table).  The Mrs. Pam and Lori are joining us for a long Thanksgiving weekend so the menus are being planned along with the shopping trips and visits to their favorite Portland restaurants.

The best thing is that Portland weather continues to be really great with temps in the 60s and sunshine this weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment