Thursday, August 14, 2014

Cheeseburgers and VooDoo

My cousin, Julie Wall, and her friend, Judy, are in Portland for a few days attending a quilting convention.  Tonight was their only free evening so I picked them up at their hotel and we went down to RiverFront for burgers and a walk along the marina.  While giving them a quick tour of the downtown area we got close to VooDoo and when I mentioned it they were both really excited to go.  It's still 75 degrees outside so it was perfect weather to wait in line and people watch.

I got lucky and found a parking space right in front (illegally parked) but there were two police cars nearby so I asked permission.  While waiting, I noticed a darling little girl with her family eating donuts with their box sitting on the police car's trunk.  It turns out that she wants to be a police officer when she's grown (note the police badge on her shirt) and I couldn't resist asking for a photo.  Her name is Ella and she's eating a fruit loops donut (yes, she ate the whole thing).  The policemen were pretty mallow tonight so we had a great time just hanging out.  Both Judy and Julie came out with a large box of donuts so they'll likely make lots of friends tomorrow at the conference.


No comments:

Post a Comment