Sunday, September 4, 2011

Art In The Pearl - Annual Arts Festival

The holiday weekend started with a dinner party here to get acquainted with Gary, Ann's new friend. We cooked too much food, ate too much - but had a fabulous evening.

Yesterday Bella and I took a walk down to the river where I read for awhile and had a delicious lunch at one of my favorite restaurants.

Every year on Labor Day weekend, artists display their wares in a park setting, covering about three city blocks under huge trees in the Pearl.

It's a wonderful community event, featuring paintings, photography, glass, clay, metal, jewelry and fabric art (including the $169 silk scarf that I was lusting over......but didn't buy....).

Tomorrow Allison and I plan to see the movie "The Help" and have lunch downtown and in the evening the complex is hosting a jazz cocktail hour.

So far, it has been a perfect weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment