Thursday, July 14, 2011

A Condo Condemnation..................

I'm encouraged by my horoscope today that reads

"Thankfully, the intensity level of your life seems to be lower now, yet you're still not convinced that everything is really returning to normal. To the contrary, you might be wondering if anything in your life will ever be the same. Fortunately, you don't need to take major action today. Just recognize that although this is a stressful period, you can still have a positive outlook about current events."

Yes, I recognize that many or most of you think that horoscopes are a bunch of crap but I choose to find encouragement so - in a nutshell, today I notified Tri-Met that I'm refusing to sign an agreement that will award me $1,300 for the loss of 12 feet of property that is directly below my condo. This means that pedestrian and street traffic and two MAX train tracks will be outside my back balcony, directly under my unit. Other units in the complex will gain value but my place is right on the "firing line" so I believe that my unit will actually lose value even though we're all very happy about being on the MAX line which provides transportation throughout the city and outlying areas.

I'm told that I will receive condemnation papers sometime in mid August.

SO, the fight begins to obtain just compensation. It likely will take years to settle. I will be hiring an attorney in the coming weeks so I'll keep you informed of our progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment