Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Another Great Day With Friends............


My friend, Cheryl, will be leaving soon for a two month stay in Palm Desert so we wanted to spend some time together before she leaves. The morning started with a walk to the Streetcar and Downtown where we had an early lunch at Pazzo, a fabulous Italian Restaurant. Their specialty is fresh made pasta dishes and fresh baked bread so we enjoyed a delicious lunch.

After lunch we took a walk past Moonstruck Chocolates where we stopped to get something decadent - then we headed for Macys as they were having one of their many sales. We really hit paydirt there with 85% off some of the prices plus some additional coupons that I had in my purse. I bought four items that started out at a total of $150 and I paid $20. That's always a great feeling and now I have something new to smash into my already overcrowded closet - sigh.

Cheryl took me to a shop that I've not been to before named XXI (she calls it Forever 21). The merchandise is geared more to younger women but we still found some really cute things and the prices are low. I definitely will go back.

Last night Roger and I went to Kolbeh Restaurant where we enjoyed some delicious chicken kabob and celebrated "Yalda" the shortest day of the year when winter begins. The place is huge and it was packed with Iranians celebrating the event. The music was provided by University students who play on authentic old instruments. Afterward there was dancing and the place really got crazy. It reminded me of the discos in Mexico with really loud music and lots of noise. We old folks finally left around 11 pm but we think the party went on through the entire night.

Good news - Ed's surgery went well and he's home recovering - I know that he's getting lots of TLC from Liz. Ron and Rosanna are on their way to New Jersey to celebrate Christmas with Susan and her family and we're tucked in out of the cold enjoying the holiday spirit. Roger and I wish all of you a happy and joyful Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment