Friday, March 19, 2010

Powell's Book Store And Other Things.......

I've written about Powell's Book Store in the past - but you'll have to get used to hearing more about it because it is an exceptional book store. After a manicure I took the streetcar to Powell's to get new reading material. I'm into novels that cover early European history so today I found "The Boleyn Inheritance" (1800s) and "The Aviary Gate" (1500s). I also couldn't resist another novel by Isabel Allende (one of my most favorite authors) so now I have lots of reading material. Do I read much at home??? No, actually only when I get away so I guess that it's time to think about a drive to the Coast or some place where I am without a computer.

I tried a popular downtown cafe for lunch - Clyde Commons - and then it was time to stop at Stumptown for some fresh ground coffee beans. The temps were in the high 60s today so everyone has a smile on their face.

While I was enjoying my day, Roger took my car to the Beaverton Toyoto to replace a hose on my RAV 4. It was the result of a "silent recall" - I received a letter telling me that the hose would be replaced for free. Roger used to work at the Toyota dealership so he had fun reconnecting with his old friends.

To finish a perfect day, Roger cooked dinner tonight - SO - life is good!!!!

Tomorrow we'll go to our first Farmer's Market for the season and that's always an exciting experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment