Sunday, March 28, 2010

Busy Weekend..............

After shopping at the Farmer's Market Bella and I had a great Saturday starting with lunch down on the River Front, going to an estate sale and doing a preview of the upcoming auctions at O'Gallerie. On the way home I found a parking place only one-half block from the Portland Saturday Market so, of course, we stopped and joined the crowd. It reminded me of the markets in Buenos Aires and Paris (since I'll likely never return to either place it was nice to recollect the wonderful experiences that I had last summer). There's a difference, though. Prices in Buenos are about one-fourth and about twice the price in Paris. I guess Portland isn't so bad of a place, after all.

This afternoon Cheryl joined me for a walk to the Keller Theater to see CATS. Yes, we've both seen it several times but it's always a good experience. The problem today, though, was that the production had been "modernized" to the point of losing its original appeal (at least to us old ladies). Another short walk to VQ for "happy hour" finished the day so now it's time to get back to work and take care of some eBay sales. I'm presently selling some technical and engineering items for a retired Portland resident so it has been an opportunity to learn something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment